Kevin Downswell, a worshipper and a praiser, like you have never seen before and one with an incredibly unique sound …………….
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Atlanta Gospel Music Awards 2012 Nomination: Praise and Worship Song of the Year for “God is Moving”
• Atlanta Gospel Music Awards 2012 Nomination: Best Collaboration for “Already Done” (with Ryan Mark).
• Paramount MEGA Gospel Awards 2011: Best Collaboration of the Year 2010 “That’s Enough” featuring Prodigal Son
• Paramount MEGA Gospel Awards 2011: Best Male Vocalist of the Year 2010
• EME award nominee for Gospel Artiste of the year International
• Atlanta Gospel Music Award for Best Praise and Worship Song for “Close To You”
• Marlin Awards - Caribbean Gospel Music Awards: Praise and Worship Recording of the Year – “Close To You” 2006
• Marlin Awards (Caribbean Gospel Music Awards): Reggae Recording of the Year; for “Naah Bow”, with DJ Nicholas and Jermaine Edwards.
TOURS AND SPECIAL MENTIONS
2011 Release of singles: “God is Moving” and “Already Done” U.S and Canada tour
2010 Release of singles: “Forgiven” and “That’s Enough” U.S and Caribbean Tour
2009 Release of two Christmas Singles “What a Christmas Morning” and “Thank you for Christmas.”
2008 Canada Tour
2006 First International Tour - Canada
2006 Took part in The Reggae For Christ Project (with two songs “Evildoers”-Fret Not and “Since the world didn’t love me” which created history on the International music charts by being the first Gospel album to ever top the New York and South Florida charts simultaneously, a project spearheaded by Tennyson Walters of Our Father’s Music Business (O.F.M.B) based in New Jersey, USA.
2005 Graduated from U.W.I with Bachelors degree in Biochemistry
2003 JCDC National Gospel Song Winner with the entry: “Praise”
2003 JCDC Gospel Song Competition Award: Most Outstanding Performer
2001 Tastee Talent Contest 3rd Place Winner “Would you Try Jesus”
1996 Tastee Talent Contest Top Ten Finalist